MODEL NO- ML-040
DESCRIPTION: An map measurer or opisometer, also called a curvimeter, meilograph, is an instrument for measuring the lengths of arbitrary curved lines. A simple opisometer consists of a toothed wheel of known circumference on a handle. The wheel is placed in contact with the curved line to be measured and run along its length. By counting the number of teeth passing a mark on the handle while this is done, the length of the line can be ascertained:
Line length = wheel circumference × teeth counted/teeth on wheel.
The instrument is most commonly used to measure the lengths of roads, rivers and other line features on maps. Opisometer designed for this purpose provide scales reading the measured distance in kilometers and miles.
- Water proof – for use in all weather conditions
- Adds and subtracts distance – flexible measurement
- Smart wheel setting – quick and easy set up
- Mechanical Map Measure
- Double Sided
- Side One Measures 1 Metre per Revolution
- Reset Dial Also Measures Number of Revolutions
- Scales on Side Two Include 1:25, 1:50, 1:75, 1:100