Standards: ASTM D 422 AASHTO T 88, BS 1377-2.
Specification: This equipment is used to determine the quantitative size distribution of very fine particle in soils such as clay and silt.
The complete set comprises:
- Sedimentation Cylinder, 1000 ml capacity (6pieces) with rubber bungs. Soil Hydrometer, 151H, range 0.995 to 1.038g/ml with div. 0.001. Glass Tank, dimensions: 600x300x380 mm
- Heater complete with thermostat, circulation unit. 230V Single Phase 50Hz 1000W
- Glass Thermometer, range -10 to 50° C., Sub-div. 0.5° C.
- Beaker, Borosilicate Glass, 250 ml capacity
- Sodium Hexametaphosphate, 1000 g
- High Speed Stirrer, 4000 R.P.M, complete with baffle cup, for dispersing soilparticles in water