Standards: EN 12390-4, BS 1881 and ASTM C39 (with suitable platen set)
General Description: Now Digital…Measures adhesion of coatings to metal, wood, concrete and other substrates – Revolutionary self-alignment feature and pull rate indicator brings new meaning to adhesion measurements. The PosiTest Adhesion Tester measures the force required to pull a specified test diameter of coating away from its substrate using hydraulic pressure. The pressure is displayed on a precision digital indicator and can be related to the strength of adhesion to the substrate.
- Portable, hand-operated instrument requires no external power source – ideal for lab and field use.
- Large, easy-to-read LCD
- Pull Rate Indicator – allows operator to easily monitor and adjust the rate of pull in accordance with international test methods.
- Easily select dolly sizes, change measurement units or store readings, with the touch of a button
- Conversion charts not required – tester automatically calculates pressure based on dolly size
- Inexpensive, single-use dollies eliminate cleaning re-use and can be kept as a permanent record
- Each kit comes with everything needed for testing
Unequal pulling force during testing caused by uneven adhesive bond lines and coating surfaces can result in random, unexplainable readings. To obtain more repeatable and meaningful adhesion measurements, it is imperative that the pulling force applied to the test dolly is uniformly distributed over the surface being tested. Self-Aligning Dolly enables uniform distribution of the pulling force over the surface being tested, preventing a one-sided pull-off.
- Weatherproof, dustproof and shockproof
- Quality hydraulic pump can be used in any position
- Rugged carrying case
- One year warranty
- Every PosiTest Adhesion Tester pressure system is calibrated and certified to ± 1% accuracy using an NIST traceable load cell
- Self-aligning dolly enables accurate measurements on smooth or uneven surfaces
- Hi-grade, industrial pressure sensor ensures continued accuracy
- Conforms with ASTM D4541, ISO 4624 and others
- Internal Memory stores maximum pull-off pressure, rate of pull, test duration and dolly size for up to 200 pulls
- PosiSoft 3.0 – desktop software for downloading, viewing, printing and storing measurement data.
- 10, 14, 20 or 50 mm dollies maximize capability and accuracy across a wide range of bond strengths
- LCD displays pressure value in psi or MPa
Unequal pulling force during testing caused by uneven adhesive bond lines and coating surfaces can result in random, unexplainable readings. To obtain more repeatable and meaningful adhesion measurements, it is imperative that the pulling force applied to the test dolly is uniformly distributed over the surface being tested. The Self-Aligning Dolly enables uniform distribution of the pulling force over the surface being tested, preventing a one-sided pull-off.
The PosiTest Adhesion Tester compensates for misalignment. The uniquely spherical articulating dolly head is engaged into a ring of small ball bearings, ensuring correct alignment. This feature is found only on the PosiTest Adhesion Tester.
Test Dollies: The PosiTest Adhesion Tester uses inexpensive single-use aluminum dollies designed according to internationally accepted standards and practices. They have a full 20 or 50 mm surface diameter with no holes to clean or keep from filling with adhesive.
|PosiTest AT Pull-Off Adhesion Tester||0 – 3000PSI|
0 – 20 MPa
|PosiTest AT-A Automatic Pull-Off Adhesion Tester||0 – 3000PSI|
0 – 20 MPa
|50mm Accessory Kit – Includes 50mm stand-off, holesaw and test dollies (12)||0-500 psi0-3.5 MPa|
|additional 20mm dollies||Package of 10|
|additional 50mm dollies||Package of 4|
|additional adhesive, mixing sticks, palettes, cotton swabs||adhesive kit|
|Drilling Template for 50mm Dollies||Template|
|PosiSoft Software||PosiSoft AT|
Each Kit Includes:
- Adhesion tester with digital display
- 20 mm aluminum test dollies (20)
- Abrasive pad
- Cutting tool
- Adhesive with mixing sticks and palettes
- Cotton swabs
- AAA batteries (2)
- Instruction booklet
- Certificate of Calibration traceable to NIST
- Instructional Video
- One-year warranty
- Sturdy, lightweight carrying case
Kit Weight and Dimensions:
Weight of Kit (with case) : 12 lbs/5.5 kg
Carrying Case Dimensions
- L – 17 in / 43 cm
- W – 13 in / 33 cm
- H – 6 in / 15 cm