DC Motor Coupled to Three Phase AC Motor Training System
3 Phase AC Integrated motor coupled to DC integrated motor setup (Motor-Generator setup) should have high resolution rotary encoder having accessible output and speed measurement :
- Three Phase AC Integrated Motor : Voltage: 415VAC, 50Hz, Capacity: 1HP/4pole/1500RPM, Rotor construction: Star connected, four terminals including star point brought out on 4 slip rings mounted on shaft, Stator construction: Six terminal should brought out to start the machine using star-delta starter, Frame/mounting: 100 frame, chassis mounted, 19mm shaft dia with easily swappable gear coupling.
- DC Integrated Motor : Voltage: Varm = 180V, Vfield = 180V, Capacity: 1HP/2pole/1500RPM/6 terminals, Rotor construction: Standard commutator / brush arrangement with laminated stack, brought out on 2 terminals, Stator construction: Separately excited field winding with laminated solid yoke 2 pole & series winding brought out on 4 terminals, Frame/mounting: 100 frame, chassis mounted, 19mm shaft dia, trunnion mounted machine for use as dynamometer with torque & speed sensors.
Technical Specifications :
Aluminum profile Sturdy Modular Flat (5 ×4) panel (table top) system, should carrying various high voltage components housed in plastic enclosures (panel) to minimize shock possibility.
Input 3 Phase DOL Starter Panel
4 pole MCB of 415 V/4A .
DOL 9A Contactor with 230V / 50 Hz / 11VA Coil . Bimetallic tharmal O/L relay with range 1.4A – 2.3A .
Single Phase Motor, Alternator & Sync. Motor Panel
1 MCBs of 4A/1.6A 1 each.
2P2W selector switches to run as 1 alternator then as synchronous motor.( 2 Nos. should be provided)
8A pushbutton switches should provide to simulate as centrifugal switch.
Three Phase Bidirectional Power cum Energy Meter Panel
Bidirectional Multifunction , 3 Phase ¾ wire, 415V, CT Input 5A
LCD/LED display, Aux supply 230V, 45-65 Hz, 5W
V,I., Hz, Pf, KVA, KW, KWH Modbus RTU RS 485 Integrated AC Single phase multifunction measurement panel should consist of
(96mm ×96mm) Digital meter for 1 F Measures V, I, PF (0.2 lag – unity
0.2 lead), W, VA, VAR, Hz etc. Current Range = 5A.
Auxiliary supply = 170-250VAC
FWD/REV, Star-Delta Starter Panel
FWD/REV, 3 pole 3 way switch with centre OFF, 6A/440V. Star/Delta switch 3 pole, 3 way with centre OFF, 6A/440V. 3 Phase wound Rotor & Sync. Motor Panel
Rotor resistors of 30E/5A with 3 taps of 0E, 15E, 21E, 30E( 3 Nos) Rotor resistor selector switch, 3 pole.6 Way .6A/440 V.
DC Rotor excitation with over current Circuit Breaker (3Amp)
DC Voltmeter& DC Ammeter Measurement Panel
a)DC voltmeter (0-300V), b) DC Ammeter (0-5A) with polarity protection diode c) Field failure relay to control Armature supply.
SCR Actuator (variable DC) cum Sensor Signal conditioning Panel Full bridge SCR based 0V-195V / 3 Amp cosines firing with linear characteristics.
Supports signal conditioning circuit for speed, torque in kg to give output 0-2.5Vdc (FS). 2 Nos. of these supplies should be provided for DC Armature, DC motor field & AC generator excitation.
Instrumentation Power Supply cum Multichannel Digital Meter Panel
(a) +/-12 V, 500 mA, (b) +5V, 300mA, (c) Unregulated 17V dc/750 mA (d) line synchronizing signal, (e) 13V / 3 Amp. (f) Multi channel digital display of torque, speed etc.
Resistor Load Panel
(1) AC Resistors = 10K/5K/3.5K/2.5K/2K/1.5K/200WX3 phases / 6 taps
(2) DC Resistors = 750E / 600E / 300E / 212E / 162E / 125E / 112E/100E/400W / 6 taps+OFF+ separate 60E tap for DC series Gen.
LC Load Panel
(A) Inductive Load = 0.15H / 0.3H / 0.45H / 0.6H / 0.75H / 1.5H / 3H / 400mA × 3 Nos.
(B) Capacitive Load = 1.25µF/ 2.5µF/5µF/415V × 3 Nos.
Variable AC/DC Power Supply Panel
AC output 0 to 270V / 3 Amp. DC output 0 to 230V / 3 Amp.
PC Interface cum Data Logging should provide with following additional Panels:
1) DC Current /Voltage Measurement Panel
DC current hall sensor (× 2nos.): Closed Loop current measurement using Hall sensor IC (max. I/P upto 20A, 50/60Hz), Isolation = 2.1kV, Proportional O/P = 0 – 2.5V, 1 CH.
DC Voltage transducer (× 2 nos): Using high speed opto coupler IC (max. up to 600Vdc), isolation = 2 kV, 1 CH.
Function Blocks Used : Precision rectifier (× 2 nos) with gain = 5, LPF (× 2nos) with gain = 2, Span Zero Circuit to interface with ADC(0-2.5Vdc) for both current & voltage, only 1 functional block each supplied, 2nd , Field failure/zero current detector.
Needs CIP panel to interface with PC USB port.
2) Computer Interface Panel
Connects to PC USB port using USB IO module through 25 pin D (M) connector on CIP & type A to mini B cable.
4 ADC channels I/P: 0 to 2.5V FS with 1no input simulation pot. 1 DAC channel O/P 2.5V FS.
V to I function block: I/P 0 to 2.5V & O/P 0-20 or 4-20mA (100E load) switch settable.
I to V function block : I/P 4 to 20mA & O/P 0 – 2.5V
3) Software on CD: Virtual Workbench package should have USB / serial modbus based software working on windows dot Net platform coupled with USB IO module useful as general purpose utility which supports different control strategies like Single or multi loop PID controllers, Fuzzy controller etc, Graph plotting in XY, XT & polar mode etc, Modbus interface, Data logging, Event trigger, inbuilt Function generator etc
List of experiments should be covered :
- DC Motor: Speed torque curve of i) DC Shunt motor, ii) DC series motor, iii) separately excited DC motor, iv) DC compound motor.
- DC Generator: V-I, Efficiency curve for i) DC shunt generator, ii) DC series generator, iii) DC separately excited generator, iv) DC compound generator, v) OCC of shunt generator.
- 3 Phase AC motor: i) Speed torque curve of wound rotor I.M. with rotor shorted & with different rotor resistance, ii) DOL/Star-Delta starter, rotor resistance starter, iii) Application of Synchronous Motor as PF improvement device-V curves.
- 3 Phase Generator: Synchronous generator V-I curves.
Note: Supporting documents/manuals of the setup should be provided
for performing the mentioned experiments