- Inside area of cross section of the cylinder: 100 sq cm.
- Length of the cylinder: about 5 cm
- Weight of the roller: 10 + 0.1 kg
- Diameter of the roller: 100 + 1 mm
- Length of the roller: 200 mm
METLOR Cobb Tester is used for the Cobb resistance of the paper. It consists of a brass (or gun metal) cylinder of known inside diameter and length. It has a metallic plate, which is used for clamping the one side of the cylinder with the help of bracket and bolts. The metallic plate, which is used for clamping purpose, pastes a rubber sheet for the perfect clamping. The whole assembly of the cylinder and clamping arrangement is pivoted so that easy and fast pour off the water takes place. A brass roller of specified size and shape is also provided with the instrument. The equipment is designed to give a long and trouble-free life; the components are bright polished and bright chrome plated.