DC Motor Coupled to Single Phase AC Motor Training System
Single Phase AC integrated motor coupled to DC integrated motor setup (Motor-Generator setup): with high resolution rotary encoder having accessible output and speed measurement :
- Single Phase AC Integrated Motor : Voltage: 230VAC, 50Hz, Capacity: 1HP/4 pole/ 1500RPM/10 terminals, Rotor construction: Diecast squirrel cage rotor, Stator construction: Two windings brought out on 4 terminals for main & auxiliary, these will be used to configure different motors split phase, CSCR, CSIR, Frame/mounting: 100 frame, chassis mounted, 19mm shaft dia with easily swappable gear coupling. (8A pushbutton switch to simulate as centrifugal switch.)
- DC Integrated Motor : Voltage: Varm = 180V, Vfield = 180V, Capacity: 1HP/2pole/1500RPM/6 terminals, Rotor construction: Standard commutator / brush arrangement with laminated stack, brought out on 2 terminals, Stator construction: Separately excited field winding with laminated solid yoke 2 pole & series winding brought out on 4 terminals, Frame/mounting: 90 frame, chassis mounted, 19mm shaft dia, trunnion mounted m/c for use as dynamometer with torque & speed sensors.
Technical Specifications :
Aluminum profile Sturdy Modular Flat (4 ×3) panel (table top) system, carrying various high voltage components housed in plastic enclosures (panel) to minimize shock possibility.
Single Phase Motor, Alternator & Sync. Motor Panel
1 MCBs of 4A/1.6A 1 each.
2nos. 2P2W selector switches to run as 1 alternator then as synchronous motor ,8A pushbutton switches to simulate as centrifugal switch.
Integrated AC 1 Phase Multifunction Measurement Panel
It should consist of (96mm ×96mm) Digital meter for measures V, I, PF (0.2 lag – unity 0.2 lead), W, VA, VAR, Hz etc.
Current Range = 5A.
Auxiliary supply = 170-250VAC
PC Interface cum Data Logging facilities should be provided with following additional Panels:
- AC Multi Parameter Measurement Meter /Power Network analyzer These meters should havemodbus connectivity i.eModbus RS485 to USB converter ( 2nos. should be provided)
- DC Current /Voltage Measurement Panel
DC current hall sensor (×2nos.): Closed Loop current measurement using Hall sensor IC (max. I/P upto 20A, 50/60Hz),
Isolation = 2.1kV, Proportional O/P = 0 – 2.5V, 1 CH.
DC Voltage transducer (×2 nos): Using high speed opto coupler IC (max. up to 600Vdc), isolation = 2 kV, 1 CH.
Function Blocks should used : Precision rectifier (×2 nos) with gain = 5, LPF (×2nos) with gain = 2, Span Zero Circuit to interface with ADC(0- 2.5Vdc) for both current & voltage, only 1 functional block each supplied, 2nd , Field failure/zero current detector.
Computer interface panel should provide to interface with PC USB port.
3) Computer Interface Panel
Connects to PC USB port using USB IO module through 25 pin D (M) connector on CIP & type A to mini B cable.
4 ADC channels I/P: 0 to 2.5V FS with 1no input simulation pot. 1 DAC channel O/P 2.5V FS.
V to I function block: I/P 0 to 2.5V & O/P 0-20 or 4-20mA (100E load) switch settable.
I to V function block : I/P 4 to 20mA & O/P 0 – 2.5V
4) Software on CD: Virtual Workbench package should have USB / serial modbus based software working on windows dot Net platform coupled with USB IO module useful as general purpose utility which supports different control strategies like Single or multi loop PID controllers, Fuzzy controller etc, Graph plotting in XY, XT & polar mode etc, Modbus interface, Data logging, Event trigger, inbuilt Function generator etc should be provided.
List of Experiments should be covered :
- DC motor: Speed torque curve of i) DC Shunt motor, ii) DC series motor, iii) separately excited DC motor, iv) DC compound motor.
- DC generator: V-I, Efficiency curve for i) DC shunt generator, ii) DC series generator, iii) DC separately excited generator, iv) DC compound generator, v) OCC of shunt generator.
- 1 phase AC motor: i) Speed torque curve of split phase I.M. ii) Speed torque curve for CSIR, iii) Speed torque curve for CSCR.