MODEL NO- HMT-008
The “Metlor“ heat transfer insulating powder trainer unit consists of two thin wall concentric copper spheres. The inner sphere houses the heating coil. Heating coil is made up of nichrome wire wound on mica sheet. The insulating powder packed between two shells. Power supply to the heater is given through a dimmer stat & is measured by voltmeter & an ammeter. Temperature can be measured with the help of thermocouples. Four thermocouple are embedded on inner sphere and six thermocouples are embedded on outer sphere. The entire ten-temperature indicator, these reading enable of insulating powder.
The experimental unit is equipped with temperature sensors inside and outside of the concentric copper spheres. The microprocessor-based instrumentation is well protected in the housing. The software consists of a software for system operation and for data acquisition and an educational software.
- Determination of thermal conductivities k for different powder at different temperatures
- Thermal conductivity of insulating powder can be calculated.
- Ideal for group studies & demonstration.
- Panelized instruments mounted on a control panel.
- Easy to operate.
- Useful for institutions, research laboratories & insulating powder manufactures
- Functions of the software: educational software, data acquisition, system operation
- Radius of the inner copper sphere 50mm
- Radius of the outer copper sphere 100 mm
- Heater Mica Type
Heating power: 350W
Temperature limitation: 95°C
- Measuring ranges
Temperature: 2x 0…325°C
Heating power: 0…450W
- Insulating powder Asbestos magnesia commercially available powder and
- Packed between the two spheres.
- Required for Operation
230V, 50Hz, 1 phase
230V, 60Hz, 1 phase; 120V, 60Hz, 1 phase
DIMENSIONS AND WEIGHT:
- LxWxH (approx.): 600x600x500mm
- Weight (approx.): 25kg