Standards: ASTM D4767 | BS 1377:8 | CEN- ISO/TS 17892-9
General description: The apparatus has been designed to reduce the testing time for triaxial tests, where only one compression machine is available. With this equipment it is possible to perform the consolidation stage of three triaxial specimens at the same time for CU and CD tests in anisotropic conditions.
The apparatus consists of a steel bench complete with three load frames and centering platens, for all our triaxial cells for specimens 35 to 100 mm dia. It can also be used for other make of triaxial cells, provided that they are equipped with a centering hole 13 mm dia. x 3 mm deep. Each consolidation frame can be equipped with a beam loading device to reduce the number of dead weights required for anisotropic consolidation (see accessories).
Weights can be placed on both the centre hanger and on the lever hanger. The weights of the loading frames have been reduced to minimum so that a counterbalance of the frame is not required. The apparatus has to be completed with the axial displacement gauges or transducers, Beam loading device(s) and Slotted weights. See accessories.
- Overall dimensions (lxdxh): 1300x800x970 mm
- Weight approx.: 145 kg
- To perform simultaneously the anisotropic consolisdation stage of three triaxial specimens
- To reduce the testing time ehere only one triaxial compression machine is available
- For triaxial cells up to 100 mm dia. specimens
- Ergonomic design for better use of space in the laboratory
- Suitable for other make of triaxial cells (with little adjustment)