MODEL NO- ML-042
A micrometer sometimes known as a micrometer screw gauge, is a device incorporating a calibrated screw widely used for accurate measurement of components in mechanical engineering and machining as well as most mechanical trades, along with other metrological instruments such as dial, vernier, and digital calipers Micrometers are usually, but not always, in the form of calipers (opposing ends joined by a frame). The spindle is a very accurately machined screw and the object to be measured is placed between the spindle and the anvil. Turning the ratchet knob or thimble until the object to be measured is lightly touched by both the spindle and the anvil moves the spindle.
- Carbide measuring faces
- Clear graduations on satin chrome finish
- Hammertone baked enamel finish
- Ratchet stop
- Supplied in fitted plastic case
- The Outside Mechanical Micrometer features a hammer tone, Green,
- Baked-enamel finished frame and Carbide tipped measuring faces.
- This model includes a Ratchet Stop and a Measuring Range of 0-1″ with an Accuracy of +/- .0001″.